A stay at the Hotel Bella Italia is, for the ones who wish, not only relax and fun: dynamic and curious visitors will be absolutely delighted knowing that Peschiera del Garda is a strategical starting point for a hugh amount of excursions in amazing spots reachable in a very reasonable time through organised or individual visits.
The South Lake Garda area is surrounded by amusement parks but it is as well the crossroad through which are encroaching all the most important ways leading to wonderful cities, towns and small little villages riches in history and art!
- Lake Tour: a full day dedicated to one of the biggest and most panoramic lakes of Europe with stops in the most popoular and scenic villages such as Limone sul Garda, Riva del Garda and Malcesine. An opportunity to discover the entire area in a unique spectacular day (150 km ca.)
- Verona: second roman city of Italy, a thousand faces history starting from the Romans and going through the barbarians, the medieval Della Scala family, the Venetitians, the French with Napoleone Bonaparte and the Austrian domination. Opera, shakespearean love and good wine’s main city, Verona is one of the town’s in Italy that can be more appreciated if being accompained by a professional and expert city guide (20 km ca.)
- Venice: a neverending fascinating city with its misterious “sotoporteghi”, the romantic brideges and the spacious ”campi”. Magically built in a fish shape, water is its natural element that in fact constitues all its “streets” and the most important “highway”: the Grand Canal (120 km ca.)
- Big Dolomites: an incredible Natural Mankind Inheritance beauty, a day throughout the most popular and amazing tops and villages of this very admired part of the italian mountains: Cavalese, Moena, Canazei and Ortisei passing throgh the awesome Fiemme, Fassa and Gardena valleys overlooked by the imposant Sass Pordoi and the Sella Group, breathtaking scenary, stage of unnumbered movie and advertings.
- Milan City: economic, financial and fashion capital of Italy, Milan is a surprising discovery of artistic beauties and a fascinating combination of tradition and innovation. A promenade through the popular Manzoni Gallery or in the shade of the gothic Cathedral or the Sforza Castle are a very pleasant alternative to the go-as-you-please shopping! (140 km ca.)
- Mantua and Sigurtà Park: a morning dedicated to art and culture with the visit of the surprising Mantua, Rigoletto’s city of birth, with its Ducale Palace belonging to the medieval Gonzaga family, the narrow arcaded streets and the Te Palace followed by a “breathing” afternoon at the Sigurtà Park, one of the biggest and richest in flowers botanical garden of Europe (40 km ca.)
- Bolzano and Renon: discovering the charming town of Bolzano with its typical tirol architecture, spotted in green colour and crowned by the imposant mountains. Among them a visit of the Renon plateau is not to be missed because here mother nature gave the possibility to admire one of her special games, existing only in a few spots of the world: the Land Pyramides (145 km ca.)
Individual Visits (Hidden pearls – own organisation)
- Hop on Hop off boat: Navigarda, the sailing company of Lake Garda, offer a daily ticket for hopping on and off the various public boats. Fantastic chance to visit the closest picturesque spots like Sirmione, Lazise, Garda, Desenzano and Salò among the others.
- Valeggio sul Mincio and Borghetto: along the romantic Mincio river you can find the villages of Valeggio and Borghetto. Both distinctive and pictoresque the firs for its famous Ponte sul Mincio (Bridge onto the Mincio river) and the Visconti Castle, the second one to be the favourite photo album spot elected by brides and grooms of the neighbor cities! It is a MUST to finish the day trying the very popular dish: Tortellini di Valeggio.
- Mount Baldo cablecar: to drive along the East Gardesana road is a pleasure which should be flavoured at least once in a lifetime! From Malcesine (reachable uniquely through this road), at the foot of the Baldo mountain, departs the panoramic cablecar. Completely in glass and rotating onto itself, it has been recentely renewed and gives the chance to admire, from its 2000 mt top, maybe the most impressive panoramic view of entire Lake Garda. Not to be missed!
- Castellaro Lagusello and the Custoza and Lugana wineries: individually by car or better by bike the visit of the ancient village of Castellaro Lagusello and (why not?) a visit of one of the wineries located onto the flexuose morenical hills that produce two among the most popular wine of the area: the Bianco di Custoza and the Lugana wine (both white).
- Vittoriale and the Botanical Garden André Heller: in Gardone Riviera you can discover an italian history masterpiece. Gabriele D’Annunzio, one of the protagonists of the italian history and very popular poet, was living in the magnificent Vittoriale villa, nowadays turned into a Museum (http://www.vittoriale.it/). Splendid is the opportunity to reach the Museum’s entrance by the touristic train that starts directly from the port! In Gardone you can find as well the Botanical Garden André Heller, very popular overall outside the italian borders.
- Extreme Shopping: in the surroundings of Peschiera del Garda do exist a good number of shopping centers such as La Grande Mela and Auchan in Bussolengo (Verona), Leone in Desenzano (Brescia), Mantova Outlet (Mantua) finishing with the biggest of Italy Orio Center (Bergamo).
Finally the Pro Loco offices present in the various small villages of Italy, organise weekly group free or very cheap excursions (walking or by bycicle) to promote interesting but minor spots.